Installed in the Berry area (center of France) since 200 years, Pillivuyt is one of the oldest and prestigious french porcelain brand. Since the beginning, the company anchored herself into the local heritage.
Since her foundation, the brand owns her founder name : Louis Charles Pillivuyt. She stayed as a family business from her creation to the Second World War.
Over the years, Pillivuyt knew to distinguish herself as well at national level but also at international level. From the United States of America to Australia, passing by the United Kingdom, Pillivuyt imposed herself as early as 1823 like one of the global leader of french porcelain. The manufactory has won 5 row universal exhibitions : 1855 (in Paris), 1862 (in London), 1867 (in Paris), 1878 (in Paris) and 1889 (in Paris).
Since the beginning of the 20th century, Pillivuyt has created some products which are become emblematic today, like the « tasse Bistrot » or the « soupière Tête de Lion ». Today, our porcelain masters perpetuate their know-how, which is rewarding 100% french quality and manufacturing. This know-how has permitted to Pillivuyt to receive the « Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant » label, which is distinguish french company with an authentic know-how).
Some traditional and centenary of shaping pieces practices have been conserved, like the hand made manufacturing. The « Or Blanc » which fascinated the European bourgeois from the 17th century is still manufacutring with the same methods in Mehun-sur-Yèvre.